News: Glen Matlock - I Was A Teenage Sex Pistol
SATURDAY 27TH OCTOBER | 7:00 PM
For tickets contact Future Echo Productions - https://www.facebook.com/FutureEchoProductions/
Future Echo Productions are pleased to announce on the 27th October 2018 at the Amersham Arms, function hall opposite New Cross station, SE London.
We are featuring a night in with Glen Matlock, the original Sex Pistol, who will be up close and personal with his show
"I Was A Teenage Sex Pistol".
Playing all the hits he penned from the Pistol days, he will be available to chat and sign official merchandise that will be on sale on the night!
Wednesday 8th August | 7:30 pm | Planet Waves no. 3
Entry - £5 OTD
Our latest sonic offering from the TOY curated Planet Waves events features Secret Fix / FLOAT / Raze and The Shakes, this Wednesday 8th August at 7:30 pm - not to be missed!
Chimpyfest 2018 - September 7th - 9th
The UK's Grindcore premiership event. Tickets - https://chimpyfest.bigcartel.com/
Coming to The Amersham Arms - Planet Waves
A Sonic Happening to Immerse In...
Saturday 14th July | 7:30 pm
- With lineups handpicked by members of TOY - a band well known for coupling melody with immersive, haunting soundscape backdrops and pulsating rhythms, anticipate Planet Waves to feature equally unique and creative musicians.
- Commencing on Saturday 14th July - 7:30pm, with a potent lineup including Charles Howl, Joseph Coward, and Great Silkie, partake in the latest and greatest underground, left-field and mind-expanding musical gathering.
- Night dwellers rejoice as DJ's from the aforementioned band will be augmenting your musical taste buds until 3am!
See our event listings page for detailed lineups. Entry is £5 on the door. Join us!..
SHIIINEON: NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS - AFTER PARTY
Saturday 7th July | 10:00pm
On sale now via - http://www.eventim.co.uk/shiiinecure
- Saturday 7th July - Shiiineon presents - a Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds after show party!
- With live music from True Order - a tribute to the pulsating music of New Order.
"Europe's only tribute to the iconic Manchester band New Order, considered by many to be the next best thing to watching the real thing! Playing songs from the early years after the demise of Joy Division, including the haunting 'Ceremony', along with the anthemic 'Temptation', right through to tracks from 2015's Music Complete, such as 'Restless' and 'Singularity', they emulate the rich tapestry of synthesizers, sequencers, drum machines and guitars with the same uncompromising attitude that made New Order pioneers of modern music."
- DJ sets from Keep It Social, and... Shiiineon's very own Gaz Crilly.
Tickets are going fast - snap 'em up!
News: RECORD STORE DAY FEATURE - INCREDIBLE SOCIETY RSD PARTY
"Record Store Day is the one day of the year when over 200 independent record shops all across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day and many shops and cities host artist performances and events to mark the occasion. Thousands more shops celebrate the day around the globe in what’s become one of the biggest annual events on the music calendar."
Our upcoming celebration of those magical vinyl discs has been featured on The List's Record Store Day 2018: where to head in London - https://www.list.co.uk/article/100087-record-store-day-2018-where-to-head-in-london/
...and the official Record Store Day website - https://recordstoreday.co.uk/events/
NEWS: COMEDIAN PAYS FOR FAN'S MOT
By Bruce Dessau on 29/3/2018
We here at Beyond The Joke know what a reticent, publicity-shy figure Daniel Kitson is and how he likes to portray himself as the bullet-proof hard man of stand-up comedy. However a story has come to our attention that we cannot resist passing on, which rather undercuts this image of the self-styled D-Dog.
On Monday night Kitson compered the Happy Mondays comedy club at the Amersham Arms in New Cross. He was supposed to be compering but he also ended up doing the headline slot too, something that is far from onerous for a man of his considerable stand-up skills.
During the gig, however, Kitson was engaging in his traditional banter with the audience and asked one fan, Morgan Lloyd Malcolm, about their day after a friend shouted out that it was Morgan's birthday. They explained that they had just taken their car for its annual MOT earlier and than it had failed the test and run up a considerable repair bill. Kitson was so moved by their story that he decided to combine his fee and the fee Tony Law – who was supposed to headline – would have received if he had also done the gig. He took Morgan's bank details – and no this wasn't an elaborate scam – and transferred £199 of hard-earned Happy Mondays top dollar into her account.
Update: She has just picked up her car and posted an update on Twitter: "picked my car up today. Was just over £500 for the repairs so DK totally saved me. Honestly this would have been a real blow. So so grateful"
Happy Mondays indeed.
News: Vegan Sunday Roasts at The Amersham ARms
City of Seitan (a play on words of the Turbonegro song) established themselves through supplying vegan alternatives to meat to a number of places in the Deptford/New Cross area such as The Full Nelson veggie vegan bar, The Waiting Room coffee shop, and The Birds Nest pub. They are now providing Vegan Roasts at the Amersham Arms every Sunday and will soon be offering a wide selection of vegan food throughout the week.
- Seitan steak and Guinness pie, with roast potatoes, veg, Yorkshire pudding, cauliflower cheese and red wine gravy.
- Chicken and leek pie with roast potatoes, veg, Yorkshire pudding, cauliflower cheese and red wine gravy.
- 'Buff' Wellington (mushroom, nuts, soy and cranberry) with roast potatoes, veg, Yorkshire pudding, cauliflower cheese and red wine gravy.
- Jerk jackfruit cornbread pie, with coconut mash, roast peppers, plantain, garlic kale and red wine gravy.
- BBQ Seitan and jackfruit ribs, with coconut mash, roast peppers, plantain, garlic kale and red wine gravy.
- Desert of the week - ask at the bar!
News: best comedy clubs in London
THE AMERSHAM ARMS MAKES TOP TEN AS TIMEOUT ROUND UP THE BEST COMEDY CLUBS AND NIGHTS IN THE CAPITAL
"What?.." The Amersham Arms, decorated with an ever-changing mural, hides a 300-seat music venue out the back, which plays host to Happy Mondays comedy club every fortnight. Holly Walsh – Foster’s Best Newcomer nominee and panel show regular, is the resident host, introducing invariably top quality line-ups of comics. Plus it’s super cheap. Plus the pub does great burgers. Win win win.